Hit Counter

Sunday, November 7, 2010

TWO OCEANS

Hi All
Kyra had her 6 week check up this week. She weighs 4.34 and all is going well. That’s 340 grams gained in one week alone.  The Dr was very patient with me as I hauled out a list of questions as long as a toilet roll. He was the paed who had to tell us Declan had cancer and he remembered me and was very thorough with her check up. My heart sunk to my shoes as I walked into his waiting room. Last time I went in there they sent us to hospital and we kind of never went home again.  Life was never normal again after a visit to the clinic and then Dr Tshigabe and we had Declans life threatening and life taking illness hanging over our heads so you can imagine I was not excited about the trip. I was so worried that some veins on her eyelid were tumour but they NOT. And it was like a weight lifting off my shoulders as we left his rooms. We were leaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaving!!!!!!!!!! Like a normal family. In and out.  Thats what normal families do hey!
My little monkey has a bit of colic but nothing so serious that I can’t handle it. She cries a hang of a lot more than Declan did which I find very disconcerting.  I don’t know what to do and what is troubling her and how to help her and I find it very hard when a healthy child is crying.  When Dec cried, we would know why. He had cancer and he had chemo and he had radiation.  Kyra doesn’t, so now you have to use all your Mommy skills to figure out what is wrong.  I feel like I am finally getting the hang of it. Claudine is going to bring me that DVD that was Oprah that explains what the different cries mean. Should be fun.
And now onto some more fun. Who is in the mood for GETTING FIT FOR CHARITY?  I, Gillian Nicole Meiring in all my fat post pregnancy glory, do hereby undertake to join you in training for the 2 Oceans Half Marathon being held over Easter (23-24 April) next year. Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do it with me.  We start training THIS WEEK. The program is below compliments of Shape Magazine.  We will get people to sponsor us running and use the event to raise funds. We obviously have got to cover our own costs to get to CT and back and the accommodation. We can make it such a cool team effort.  We can write to each other and encourage each other.  We have about 8 people so far. Some rather athletic and others like me who will be plodding my way through.  There is more than enough time to get fit.  Sign up to do this with me.  Mail me on aurasa@metroweb.co.za for more information but in the mean time here is this weeks program. It doesn’t matter if you only start next week or the week thereafter. There is plenty of time. Get people to do it with you and we can do the Valentine’s Night Race together next year as our first 10 km race.
WHOS IN????????????????

WEEK ONE - train on 3 days
Day 1
10 min walk
1 min jog / 3 min walk x 5

Day 2
10 min walk
1 min jog / 3 min walk x 6

Day 3
10 min walk
2 min jog / 3 min walk x 4

How easy is that????????????????????

No comments:

Post a Comment